Labels

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Porchlight Storytelling Night



How many of you listen to This American Life? Or watch it now as well I guess. Well in SF they run a similar thing. It’s a themed story telling night every month at the local hipster Jazz club. It’s called Porchlight. Check it out here. The idea is that each speaker gets to tell a 10 minute story following that night’s theme that is not memorized and they can’t use notes. They also pull a name out of a hat for volunteers from the audience to tell a 3 minute story. It ends up kind of like a cross between stand up comedy and a poetry jam. I was going to write a bit about the 7 different speakers but realized that they have a really good description on their website so that seemed kind of futile. The above photo was one I ripped off from Flickr. It's just as bad as one I would have taken with my fancy new phone so it seem like it's OK.

No comments: