Labels

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dining Room Remodel




OK, so I never posted any photos of the work on the living room. Well there is still time I suppose but this seems more relevant. I've put some serious time in this weekend doing a final sanding, touch up plastering and installing some outlets into the dining room. I've tried to stitch together a mosaic to show some of the work.

1) the doorway into the bedroom is now gone (raw sheet rock in center of photo)
2) new ceilings (gone are the acoustic tiles!)
3) new power outlet on the far left floor of photo (run from under the house)
4) new data drop far left floor (OK, I'm a geek alright)
5) removed the light switch in the middle of the room (still need to plaster over hole)
6) roughed in the new light switch location on the right (need to run cables and install box)
7) SO much plaster (over 2 gallons) and sanding, by far the worst room in the house
8) FYI, all those boxes in my storage room (formally the living room) are my new kitchen cabinets

So that leaves a few things that I'm going to try to finish up in the next two weeks:

1) wash all the walls and ceilings with Pinesol / water to get rid of dust
2) 3 coats of primer paint on the raw sheet rock
3) primer paint the entire room in general
4) install new overhead light and electrical box
5) paint the entire room
6) install bookcases (fabricate heating vent and intake)
7) breath and then dive into the kitchen work!

So far, so good.

No comments: