Labels

Friday, July 11, 2008

Shadowlight Show

Amazing stuff, late in posting but totally worth it. Philip and I headed over to see the pre-production Shadowlight show at the Mission Cultural Center called Ghosts On the River. Shadowlight Performance is a modern shadow theater that combines amazing techniques of light and shadow in real time with performers, sounds, music... that combine for powerful storytelling. I was really impressed with the effects that could be created like the transposing of images, perceptions of depths, size and movement and how they could be used to help tell the story. I'm not doing it justice but check out some of the Youtube.com videos to get an idea of the amazingness. I have to say that the Ghosts On the River stories seemed a bit weak to me and I couldn't whole heartedly recommend that show.

No comments: