Labels

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Roller Derby Saturday Night

Jodie and I caught the Saturday night bout between the SF Bombers and the LA Firebirds at Kezar Pavilion last night. Elke and MB had mentioned that they got ring side tickets and invited us to check it out with them. I've been meaning to check out a match since they have been around more and more lately so this was a great opportunity.


I really had no idea what to expect or what the rules are etc... I figured it would be a bunch of drunk idiots (me included) screaming to 'tear the bums head off'. And it was a good mix of folks to be sure. I loved this guys outfit below, I think it's a Louis Vuitton sweat suit and a florescent orange cowboy hat. That pimp styling!


I spent some time after the matches to look through the news to see if any of the pile driver punches and the opposing manager, the ICEBOX, clothes-lining people made the news, sadly, no. I guess all the brawling and skates in the face were all staged. sigh. It did take me a bit to figure out the rules, beyond the tripping and punching. Check it out

No comments: