Labels

Sunday, March 14, 2010

again with the cabinets

So these went in fairly easily but I realized how out of plumb the wall on the left of this photo is. The top leans out about 1 inch from the top of the 42 inch cabinet to the bottom. Nice. I guess this is why people moan about working on old houses. I need to fab up some shims and then put the final screws in. Also, it looks like I'll be running trim on the sides since I don't want to be looking at the gaps, etc... The good news is that all the measurements came in correct so the filler pieces all fit.


Next up is to figure out what is going on with the cabinet that is set in place now with all the drawers (how far it will sit from the pocket door wall), how I'll fab up the cabinet base and such for the sink (the sink cabinet is on top of the other cabinet in the photo but it looks way to small to me), and then how to put the dishwasher wall panels together.

and I think we are going to go with this counter top: Cesar Stone Lagos Blue. I think the brownish color and the yellow flecks will work well with everything. What do you think?

No comments: