Labels

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mount Diablo Ride


I've always wanted to see the famous Mount Diablo from the seat of my motorcycle. I've heard about it for some time and decided it was a good day to take the plunge (see future posting about Sportster upgrade). A few co-workers and I had made tentative plans for a Sunday afternoon ride and we mapped it out (see above map). The view from the top was amazing! You could see the entire Bay.


Frank and his baby Honda showed up at my place and we scooted over to Chris' in the East Bay. Frank had never taken his 'sycle across the bridge so it was a bit of an adventure. The traffic was mild so we were able to take it slow crossing and the cars also broke up the wind so his 250cc'es of fury didn't get knocked around too much.


Chris, BTW, is the Chris who I sold the GB500 to in an earlier posting. He has done a nice job sorting it out and even washing it. We hooked up and headed into the Oakland Hills via Grizzly Peak and wound along through Tilden Park.


We got a few greasy burgers at the local Nations'. If you are in the Bay Area you should try it out. Decent burgers but known for the pie. I've been letting myself go a bit as you can tell from the above photo. Something about being in London and not having to shower or shave anymore.


Two of the other Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The view north towards Benicia was great as you can tell from how excited Frank and Chris are. I tried to liven things up a bit as I was channeling a bit of Ozzy / Gene Simmons

No comments: