Labels

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Santa Clara British Bike Show and Swap Meet


This Saturday afternoon was the big Bay Area British Bike Swap Meet and Show in Santa Clara. It was the first year I've owned a Brit bike so I wanted to check it out and look around for a cool cafe seat that was an option on the 1971 Tiger. This was also the longest ride I took the Tiger on, from SF to San Jose. It held up well with 70 mph as the top comfortable speed on the thing. Lots of leaking oil under all the Brit bikes (see above photo) Guess that is one of the things they never could figure out. Also, lots of motorcycle nerds. I had ever really thought about it before but they basically are the same as computer nerds; pudgy white guys that are not very well socialized and dress funny (see below photo). Walking around I ran into lots of old timers talking about the good old days on their Greeves or Ariels. It was a hoot. I also hung out under a tree and watched as passerbys checked out the bike (see below photo). Check out the photo album here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.