Labels

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Beerfest!!


Yes, this is just as exciting as it looks from the photo. A pot of boiling hops and malt (a wort in beer making lingo), that with some time and love, will soon be a couple of cases of American Hefe Weizen. I guess I should have had this ready for the big NFL kick off this weekend but wasn't thinking that far ahead. It'll spend a week in the plastic bucket, then 2 weeks in the large glass bottle and then 5 weeks in the actual beer bottles.


I had forgotten that my Dad used to make wine in the closet back in the 70's. I guess it all comes back around. So show up in October for some free beer and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Jack Blacketter said...

Hmmmmmmm Wort! The only smell better than that is once your yeast kicks in and starts bubbling up. Hmmmmmm yeast! *drool*

beerandnosh said...

oh maty - i remember when you were just a eager wanna beer brewer, full of life and questions, and a zest of the knowledge of beer making.

Now you're an old and wise beermaster, complete with a working blow-off tube and delightful gurgling sounds.

you've come a long way since saturday. - jesse