Labels

Monday, September 04, 2006

Yuba River 2006




Last weekend Robert and I headed to Nevada City and specifically to the South Fork of the Yuba River for a little camping and R & R. For those of you who don't know, the Yuba River is one of the most relaxing, tranquil places I have ever been and I (almost) always end up returning feeling refreshed and full of energy. For those of you not living in California, it's about an hour or so north of Sacramento. It's hard to tell the size from the photos but these huge, deep clear pools of water run the entire lenght of the river. The large pool below is about 70 feet long and 30 feet wide and 15 feet deep. I usually bring my swimming goggles because the water is so clear you can swim right up to the fish (or snakes) on the bottom.



for more photos check out the link below

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, Mat! I like how you've got your blog hooked up to your website, so we can see your comments as well as your photos. This is gunna be great -

UCSF Patient Health Library said...

Pretty nifty, Matt! Mark, Ben, and I were up at the south yuba in july during that heat wave. Thankfully we had the cool water to hang out in! You can check out our pictures at http://www.fullbowl.com/gallery_index.html

-Ari

UCSF Patient Health Library said...

whoops, sorry about the name type, Mat!