Labels

Monday, July 23, 2007

You know you are in San Francisco when...


the server tells you that your fork is biodegradable. Check it out

My friend Nzingha and I went to lunch over at the fabulous El Primo (take that Jesse) and split an enormous milanesa de pescado torta. And then for desert we headed over to the new local cafe / pie shop, Mission Pie. We shared a slice of the amazingly awesome Peach pie. I cracked up when we were told about the fork but I guess this is one of those so VERY green places. I am in SF so you would think I would get used to it. Anyway, excellent pies. Check it out.

or for more info about Mission Pie's philosophy, go to http://www.pieranch.org/

But as for the fork, I plan to do a little testing of my own. Turns out I have a composter and I'll be putting the fork in it and digging it up ever few weeks to check it's progress. Check back here as we do a little validity testing. Will the excitement ever end!

PS, the fork was sitting on the counter waiting to go in the composter and Henderson came over to sniff it, and then start chewing on it. So maybe it would be easier to just grind them up and turn them into cat food? Is that green?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mat,
FYI, biodegradable plastic needs direct sunshine to break down. Don't cover it. It will take about 18-24 months before it crumbles in your hands. I suggest the roof. We have some other bio-plastic products here in Texas, too.
From your expert on things that stay in the sun. Jodie