Labels

Sunday, July 29, 2007

SF Sips July Wine Tasting





This month it was my turn to host our monthly wine group, the SF Sips, and since I hosted, I also got to choose the featured wine. Well, I've been on the Rose bandwagon for some time now and this turned out to be a good excuse to have one of my favorites, the Laurent Perrier Cuvee Rose. So that made it a night for sparkling wine.

For those not in the know, the Sips are a small rag tag group of misfits who play by their owns rules. Those rules being; meet monthly, everyone brings one bottle of the themed wine, keep the group small, the host chooses the wine, provides some snacks and gets to invite a few friends. So I invited Jesse and Chris - see 40th BDay party for more Jesse photos. Some of the other Sips to show up were Cindy and Fred (seen below) who put up a valiant effort to stay awake even though they just got back from a few weeks in London.



Andy made the scene (check out those pants). Jesse turned all pink and stumbled home with his pal Chris. Phillipa and Mallika, sorry, I didn't get a good photo of you guys (or the wonderful spread of food I made). Joe and Michelle, we'll see you next time.



OK, one last thing, a short story about the Laurent Perrier champagne. I remember so distinctly the first time I tried it. Kris had a friend who was working there at the time and we got a free bottle to try (it usually sells for about $70). Kris poured me a glass and after I tasted it I instinctively blurted out, "That's what champagne tastes like!" All I could think was that it tasted so different from every other champagne I had ever had. Not close or a bit better but WOW better. The bubbles were so small and the taste was so clean, it was like drinking air. It was an eye opening moment for sure.

No comments: