Labels

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Farewell Current



We all have had those character building experiences. The ones that, after a few months or years have passed, we realize how much it changed us and we are better because of it. Well, I can't wait till I feel that way about my time at Current TV. Wait, wait... I'm trying to have a more positive attitude. OK, so what is my "take away" from working at Current:

1)I've basically gotten about 10 to 12 years of IT experience in 2.5 years.
2)I got to start a company from the ground up and touched every IT thing that they did up until I left. From which desktop mouse we should use to our WAN connections.
3)I traveled to LA, London and NY to setup the remote offices all on Current's dime.
4)I made a bunch of friends that I'm sure will be around for years to come.
5)I got to work in San Francisco and watch the Mission Bay neighborhood develop.

So Wednesday we had the big 2nd anniversary party at Current (and it was my last day). I had one last thing to do before I left, get my picture with Al. Yeah, it's silly but to put as much time as I did into that place I thought I had to have it. So the second photo is when I told Al I was leaving. He was acting all goofy and shocked. Yes it's true Al. I'm moving on. You'll be fine. Deep breaths



One of my favorite Al stories was when he asked me to look at his desktop computer cause he couldn't get an internet connection. I quickly noticed that the network cable was unplugged. I thought to myself of the irony of having to fix the computer for the man that (mistakenly quoted) "had invented the internet".

Onward and upward and about DAMN TIME!!!!

No comments: