Labels

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Road Trip Wrap Up

I rolled into SF Sat. night and uneventfully unloaded the bikes. Everything went swimmingly. I got in late as I stayed to have lunch with Tim and the gang. I was hoping to get the uHaul back and not leave it on the street for the night so we'll see if I get tagged. The Tiger lost some oil but the bike was tilting even more as the trip went on so not sure where it was coming from (oil tank or engine). Also, seems like the side stand was leaning more than before so not sure if that was bent or not. There was alot of pressure on it.

Otherwise the only excitement was getting the bikes out. I put the ramp down and ran a strap to the bumper and the end of the ramp so it couldn't slide. The only issue was I left too much ramp in the truck so the Harley snagged bottom on the way out but I just gassed it and roared out of the truck (into oncoming traffic). The Tiger really hung up and stopped. Luckily I still had my tip toes on the rear deck of the truck and gently got off as I held the brake, thinking I was going to back it back into the truck somehow but without my weight it rolled out easy enough and I jumped on mid ramp... I'm sure this is how Evil Knievel started. Thanks again everyone!!

No comments: