Labels

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Living on Borrowed Time

Since I jumped on the grenade for the company and am staying in London for another 2 weeks, I’ve been trying to make the most of the time when I'm not working by exploring the city and seeing the sites like St. Paul’s Cathedral and taking walking tours along the Thames. Note bad ass scarf in above photo. Looks like I fit in, right? Below photo, I'm trying to look up Saint Peter's robe to see if he lives up to his name.

London is such a beautiful city with such a wealth of history. It amazes me to walk around and see so many places that I’ve heard about my whole life and all of the history that has happened here. I’ve been reading “Great Expectations” by Dickens to get into the English mindset. Below, Fiona's snow covered house where I've been staying.

Why does the bad weather seem to follow me? Last year setting up the New York office I was there during the single snowiest day they have ever had. Now in London I gone through these awful wind storms and now it is freezing and snowing. Yikes, good thing I bought a wool jacket.

And I recently went to see Patrick Stewart in Antony and Cleopatra. He is in the Royal Shakespeare Company and has been getting phenomenal reviews for this play. Check out the photos. I’ve never seen Shakespeare performed live but figured it wouldn't get any better than this. I have to say that I don't think it's my thing but I'm willing to give it another shot if something comes up that sounds interesting (like this performance in a few weeks). It was so well done, great sets, well acted… but in the end, I just had to see Picard! Make it so!

2 comments:

kris said...

wow - you saw picard make it so?! cool!!

was he as good on stage as i imagine he would be?

kris said...

you bought a new wool coat? the scarf is dashing - you look like a local. sounds like you had a great trip - wierd about all the elvis'.